INSTRUCTION FOR USE
Concrete, mortar and masonary surfaces must be clean, free from grease, oil and loosely adhering particles.
Steel and iron surfaces must be free from scale, rust, grease and oil. Absorbent surfaces must first be thoroughly saturated with water before applying Maxiseal 99.
Mix in a clean container by slowly adding the component B (powder) to the component A (liquid) and mix with a slow speed electric mixer. The consistency of the mix can be altered by reducing the amount of component A (liquid) to be used.
For a Slurry Consistency : Full quantities of both component A & B are mixed together.
Tools used : Hard plastic bristle brush or broom.
For a Trowellable Consistency : Mix a full bag of component B (powder) to 90% of component A (liquid).
Tools used : Steel (notched) trowel.
1) Whilst the substrate is still damp from saturation, apply the first coat of Maxiseal 99 with a hard plastic bristle brush or broom.
2) Rub the slurry well into the substrate.
3) Leave to harden for 6 to 8 hours.
4) Apply the second coat. Care must be taken not to damage the first coat.
1) Always apply at least 2 coats. 3 coats may be required in areas of extremely high infiltration.
2) Never apply more than 4 kg/m² of Maxiseal 99 for one layer.
3) Absorbent surfaces must first be thoroughly saturated with water before applying Maxiseal 99.
Coverage : Approximately 2 kg/ m² per coat
Pot Life : 30 minutes at 20°C. Pot life will be shortened when temperature raises.
Component A (Liquid) : 2 kg / 5 kg
Component B (Powder) : 8 kg / 20 kg
|DESCRIPTION||PART A||PART B|
|Mix Ratio||2kg / 5kg||8kg / 20kg|
|Density (kg/ ℓ)||A + B (mixed) = 2.0|
|Adhesion Bond Strength (ASTM D4541-95)|| 0.56N / mm2 (7 days)
0.92N / mm2 (28 days)
|Elongation (ASTM D412-92)||49%|
|Tensile Strength (ASTM D412-92)||0.47N / mm2|
|Water Penetration (DIN 1048:PART 5: 1991)||6 hours||72 hours|
|25 mm||4.7 mm||84.4 mm||43.0 mm|
MAXISEAL 99 INSTALATION SYSTEM | BATHROOM